Avid Sibelius 8 is the latest generation of world’s best-selling music notation software, with powerful, yet easy-to-use tools trusted and used by composers, arrangers, publishers, educators, and students worldwide. With its integrated Annotate feature, multi-touch gestures, Surface Pro 3 pen support, and more, Sibelius 8 lets you unleash your creativity in brand new ways, whether you’re composing for film, television, multimedia, live performance, or in the classroom.
Avid Sibelius 8 Notation Software at a Glance:
- Score on your Surface Pro
- Many ways to create and share your music
- Full palette of desktop publishing tools
- Transcribe and scan into Sibelius
Score on your Surface Pro
Avid has optimized Sibelius 8 for use with Microsoft’a Surface Pro 3 tablet, letting you quickly add and edit notes with just a tap of the pen, as well as play music in real time using your tablet’s onscreen keyboard and fretboard. You can use the Surface Pro Pen’s buttons to select, erase, and edit your music, and you can even drag the score around while you’re inputting notes.
Many ways to create and share your music
Avid Sibelius 8 lets you play back your scores with impressive realism, with immediate access to an extensive instrumental library filled with a broad variety of pro-quality instruments. You can sync Sibelius to Pro Tools and other DAWs via ReWire, or collaborate through MusicXML. Share your music as a score, audio file, or video through email, ScoreExchange, YouTube, Facebook, SoundCloud, and more – or export it to Avid Scorch, which lets musicians perform your compositions on an iPad.
Full palette of desktop publishing tools
Creating gorgeous professional scores is easy with Avid Sibelius 8’s full palette of desktop publishing tools. Perfect your text with tracking, leading, and other industry-standard typography tools. Drag-and-drop graphics. With a single click, easily export publisher-quality scores in PDF format.
Transcribe and scan into Sibelius
Avid Sibelius 8 includes Neuratron AudioScore Lite and PhotoScore Lite, which let you transcribe and scan music into Sibelius. Using AudioScore Lite, you can sing or play an instrument to input notes into Sibelius, or import music from a CD. And you can scan printed music with PhotoScore Lite and send it to Sibelius for playback, transposition, and editing. PhotoScore even comes with NotateMe for real-time conversion of your handwriting into notation.
Avid Sibelius 8 Notation Software Features:
- Write music with a pen on the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet
- Quickly add and edit notes with a tap of the pen
- Streamline collaboration by using the new Annotate feature:
- Add notes, edits, and instructions directly on the score for others to review
- Interact with scores intuitively using multi-touch gestures like pinch-zoom
- Get up and running faster than ever with a simplified activation process
- Work faster and see more detail with the updated Windows interface
Avid has updated Sibelius to version 8.0.1 with over 100 enhancements, including:
- Fully localised editions of What’s New, Tutorials, and Reference guides
- The mouse cursor now changes to a Pen icon when entering Annotate mode
- Sibelius now creates a new object next to the selected item in the score
- It’s easier to delete notes and other objects with a pen, especially in Note input mode
- Many small improvements to the Keypad graphics
- It’s now possible to export Sibelius 7.5 files using keyboard commands
- Annotation lines are now thicker by default, allowing you to be more expressive when using Annotate
- Rewire improvements
- New algorithm for drawing annotation lines so they appear smoother and are more efficient when drawn
- Multi-touch features are consistent; on touchscreens single finger drags and two fingers zoom. On track pads two fingers drag and zoom.
- Multi-touch features are available during Note input and Annotate
- Pinch-zoom now zooms in and out of the area you are pinching on touc screens, or on track pads, to where the mouse cursor is on the screen
Existing Sibelius customers can download the free update from their Avid Master Account.
Avid Sibelius 8 – don’t compose without it!